Sunday, June 2, 2013

[News] U-KISS AJ Returning To Columbia University, Back-to-School To Pursue Dreams

U-KISS
[News] U-KISS AJ Returning To Columbia University, Back-to-School To Pursue Dreams

In the following spring semester, U-KISS member AJ is going to be strapping on his backpack for his return to school at Columbia University. The idol has already once expressed how he was planning to do so in th future, and now he's finally making it happen.

But fret not AJ fans for the Ukiss member is planning to attend school without missing any of his idol activities. So you will be seeing AJ along with his books and his specs, reading in his spare time to complete his syllabus.

During his interview with Sports Seoul, AJ is very determined to get an A and increase his GPA for when he returns to school.

"I don't want to give up my studies because of U-KISS activities. I'm getting ready to achieve an A next semester, so I'm using all my free time to read."

The idol has decided on Psychology as his major of choice. He voices out how  even when being an idol is enjoyable, this is not the life he will be living forever. Realistically speaking, when he enters his 30's, he would like to work in an office and continue with this chosen career, put all of those years of studying and hard work to good use.

During the interview, AJ took us back in time to discuss his campus life last year.

"I really wanted to focus on my studies only, so I shaved my head and went off to do that. While I was there, no one recognised me as a Korean idol. No one was able to recognise me. But it was a relief. In my life I was able to truly experience the life of a student. I was able to study with my friends in the library with the right mindset and eat late-night snacks together."

Thanks to the company that he is with, he was not given the choice between his studies and his current career.

"I made sure to tell my company that the possibility of studying was absolutely not to be omitted from my contract. (smile) My company has provided a lot of support with my condition to attend school no matter what. My fellow members also have given positive support to me. We all have the desire to study, Kevin would like to study as well".

When asked about his goals for this coming semester
"I don't know if it's just America, but everyone is very big and muscular and everyone is able to stay up two nights continuously without any trouble. I don't want to fall behind on strength, so during my activities I am exercising to build up my strength. I want to read novels and study with friends, get in touch with my seniors and study with them. Next semester, I also want to try being a campus couple. Of course, it has to be a friend with a good heart. (smile) Ah, also I want to receive an A next semester."

AJ sets a wonderful example for his fans and other young idols who aspire to finish their studies despite their crazy schedules. Hopefully he's find happiness in his choices!

M/s : kenvilthomas@kpopupdates.com

No comments:

Post a Comment