Wednesday, July 24, 2013

[News] IU Talks About Marriage and Pregnancy Rumors From the Twitter Incident for the First Time

IU
[News] IU Talks About Marriage and Pregnancy Rumors From the Twitter Incident for the First Time

IU has finally made a variety show appearance and talked about all of the crazy rumors that tailed after her for several months.

IU was a guest for the July 23 episode of “Hwa Shin” along with Lee Hyun Woo and ZE:A‘s Park Hyung Shik and Hwang Kwang Hee.

IU bravely opened her mouth on the rumors of her marriage and pregnancy that dominated the Korean tabloids after posting a photo of herself and Super Junior‘s Eunhyuk on Twitter.

First, they brought up the marriage and pregnancy rumors. IU said, “When I first saw the tabloids, it was the night of Lee Hyun Woo’s movie premiere and I was supposed to go. But my agency didn’t let me go. I was so angry. I can’t even watch a movie because of that kind of rumor? So in the end, I told my agency, ‘I won’t go to the premiere but instead, please catch whoever spread this rumor.’”

She continued, “We are chasing down those netizens. I’m going to meet them soon. This is one of the things that I’m most looking forward to in 2013. I will definitely meet them and if I need to, I will receive payments from them, even if it’s just 1 dollar.”

A short while after, IU was also asked about the Twitter photo. She replied, “It is correct that I posted it by mistake. I can’t blame anyone. Rather than feeling burdened, I was in a dilemma on whether I should feel sorry toward the other person [Eunhyuk] or if I should feel sorry to those who loved me or if I should feel sorry for the people who loved the person that I hurt [Eunhyuk's fans]. It was complicated.”

She continued, “I didn’t even know if I should come forth and clear up the misundertanding or just stay quiet. Honestly, saying that I was suffering doesn’t even make sense. There were so many others who suffered because of me… it’s my mistake so my sufferings doesn’t even matter.”

The MCs also mentioned that there’s a rumor that this whole thing was set up by IU herself. She commented, “It’s not something that I set up. I also hear that a lot from others but it’s not true. It was just a mistake.”

The MCs also carefully asked, “Have you talked with Eunhyuk ever since?” IU answered, “He asked if I was alright. I was so sorry about everything.”

It must have been a tough spot for IU to speak about sensitive issues like marriage and pregnancy as a young woman so many netizens praised her courage. On the other hand, many netizens felt as if IU’s explanation wasn’t enough and did not cover many important aspects such as her true relationship with Eunhyuk.

No comments:

Post a Comment