Monday, June 3, 2013

[News] Skarf talks about the concept of ‘Luv Virus’, role models and more!

Skarf
[News] Skarf talks about the concept of ‘Luv Virus’, role models and more!

Kpop girl group Skarf has gathered lots of attention both domestically and internationally since their debut in 2012. After almost 10 months since the release of first single ‘Oh! Dance‘, Skarf has released their first mini-album ‘Luv Virus‘ on 31st May.

Skarf’s first mini album ‘Luv Virus’ consists a total of 5 songs, with ‘Luv Virus’ as title track. Upon its release, fans have expressed overwhelming anticipation and positive responses on various social platforms.

Q : Can you please share with us what’s the concept of the album and what can your fans look forward to?
SKARF : If I were to compare the concept of our first debut album and this mini album. Our first album would be a stage where we start to have feelings for someone, while this mini album, is where we finally fall in love! So fans can look forward to seeing a more mature side of us during the promotions for this album.
Q : “Luv Virus” is also the title song of the album, in which you will be promoting on music shows. Is there a special reason why you choose ‘Luv Virus’ as the title song?
Skarf : We chose “Luv Virus” in particular, as it expresses the concept of this album really well.
Q : Which song from your album – My Turn /Sunny Day / Anymore/Bye Bye Bye/LUV VIRUS , is your personal favourite?
Tasha : I really do love all the 5 songs in this album. Usually, I listen to a lot of R&B songs so Bye Bye Bye appeals to me. The lyrics are really meaningful and it has a great melody too!
Ferlyn : My turn. It gives off a soothing melody that I really enjoy listening after a hectic day of work. The lyrics touched my heart. I could somehow understand the feeling of that girl (in the song) while recording this song.
JooA: It has a special meaning to me as it is the very first song we’ve recorded as a group.
Hana : Luv Virus as it is my first debut title song! And I tend to recall fond memories whenever listening to this song.
Jenny: I just really love the melody of My Turn!
Q : Tasha, being the leader of SKARF, (though you are not the oldest) how do you usually carry out your roles as a leader?
Tasha : Being in a girl group, there are a few areas where we might be more emotional and sensitive to. So I just try to make sure that all of my members are healthy in terms of mind and body. Also, when it’s time to play, we play really hard but when it comes to practice, I try to make sure that all of the members are focused. In fact, I’m thankful for my members as they are doing really well and are helping me a lot so I don’t feel the burden at all.
Q : What are some of the things you did to prepare for this comeback? Usually kpop girl groups will go on a diet to lose weight in order to appear good on camera, is this the same for you girls as well?
SKARF : Rather than being on a diet, we pick our food choices wisely and avoid eating foods that are high in calories, we sometimes do have a treat during weekends too! During the preparations for this album, we focused more on training our vocals instead.
Q : Will Skarf be travelling to other countries to promote for the album? Perhaps coming back to Singapore again this summer?
SKARF : First, we will focus more on the Korean industry before moving to other countries. We’d be happy to promote in other countries if there are any opportunities. We are currently planning to have a showcase in Singapore this year too! We’ll let you know the details when things are confirmed.
Q : Can you share with us who is your role model in this entertainment industry?
Tasha : My role model is the Korean female hiphop rapper Yoon Mi Rae. She has a unique voice and great rapping skills. She has worked really hard to become where she is now and I really do admire that.
Ferlyn : Actress Park Shin Hye. Not only she puts effort in her acting forte, she challenged herself in other areas as well. She overcomes adversity and soars higher in her career. It is an attitude I truly respect and would like to obtain.
JooA : I respect Uhm Jung Hwa as she is an all-rounded artiste.
Jenny : I admire Younha as she has soothing voice that makes listeners feel at ease and I hope to do the same too.
Hana : I look up to the actress Shin Min ah. She has an attractive charm that draws people attention.
Q : Lastly, any words to your international fans?
SKARF : First, we would like to apologize to our fans for the long wait. We’ve been diligently working hard for this mini album as a gift for you guys. We hope you guys love it as much as we do!! Thank you all so much for the unwavering love and support! Love you.
Skarf will be having their comeback stage on 5th June and they have been practicing hard to present the best stage for their fans. Are you ready to get love sick with Skarf’s ‘Luv Virus’?
In the meanwhile, you can get yourself prepared for Skarf’s comeback with the MV of ‘Luv Virus’!

Korea.com would like to thank Alpha Entertainment for giving us the opportunity to have an interview with Skarf.
Source : en.korea.com

M/s : kenvilthomas@kpopupdates.com

No comments:

Post a Comment